*FOR EVERYONE* Please answer this questionnaire.
I'm in a Philosophy of Music Education course this semester, and my final project is a research paper about informal learning and how motivation can be transferred to a formal setting. I chose to use horntabs.net to facilitate my study, so I'm hoping to get lots of participants. Please answer the questions posted below to help with my research.
If you feel comfortable, post them right here in the thread. If you don't (or if you don't have an account), then you can email them to email@example.com (just make sure your answers are numbered). I will only be using screen names in my paper, and if anyone specifically requests, I don't even have to do that. The more detail, the better, so don't feel like you have to be brief. Also, although I'd like everyone participating to answer all the questions, if you have a really good answer for one, but aren't comfortable or don't know how to answer another, then just answer the ones you can (again, just make sure your answers are numbered).
1. How did you find the site?
2. What were your motivations behind joining the site? What were you trying to accomplish then, and what are you trying to accomplish now?
3. What do you get out of the site on a regular basis?
4. Have your intentions for using the site changed since you joined?
5. What is your musical background? What instruments do you play and in what capacity? Do you have any formal training in any aspects of music?
6. Are there any things you are specifically pleased with about the site?
7. Are there any thing you are specifically displeased with about the site?
8. What is your age?
9. What are your thoughts on sheet music versus tablature for horn?
10. A while back, the site was revamped. Has this changed your interaction with the site at all, and if so, how?
11. (If applicable) Does horntabs.net help you with music in school or private lessons?
12. (If applicable) Does your school music teacher, band director, or private instructor incorporate any ska into their teaching?
13. Where do you live?
Thanks for any and all cooperation.